I/We value your business, and we thank you for your confidence in choosing our firm as your source for advice and products. As our client, you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share while doing business with us. Your personal information will be viewed by the advisor and/or associates in my firm who have a business reason to do so and is only to be used in a manner consistent with the purpose for which it was collected or with your express consent.
YOUR RIGHTS AS THEY PERTAIN TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to know why an organization collects, uses or discloses your personal information.
- You have the right to expect an organization to handle your information reasonably and to not use it for any other purpose other than the one to which you consented.
- You have the right to know who in an organization is responsible for protecting your information.
- You have the right to expect an organization to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure.
- You have the right to inspect the information an organization holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current.
- You have the right to expect an organization to destroy your information when requested or when no longer required for the intended purpose.
- You have the right to confidentially complain to an organization about how it handles your information and to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if need be.
HOW WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
When you do business with us, you share personal information, including sensitive medical information, which we keep in your file so that we may provide you with strategies, products and services that best meet your needs. The personal information I collect from you is submitted to the insurance companies through an organization – PPI Management Inc. – known as a Managing General Agency (MGA). PPI manages the processing of our business and assists with administrative functions and sales support. You are consenting for our firm to use this information in an appropriate manner. We may use and disclose this information in order to:
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner
- To determine the suitability or eligibility of products and services
- To set up, offer and manage products and ongoing services that meet your needs
- Assess your application for investment, insurance and other services available to you by our firm
- Evaluate claims and underwriting risks when required
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Analyze business results
- Act as required or authorized by law
WHAT WE WILL NOT DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
I/We do not sell client information to anyone. Nor do we share client information with organizations outside of our relationship with you that would use it to contact you about their own products or services.
WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All employees associated advisors and suppliers who are granted access to client records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the purposes intended and this expectation is clearly communicated. We’ve also established physical and systems safeguards, along with proper processes, to protect client information from unauthorized access or use.
RECORD RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION POLICY
Le Groupe Green will retain client records for a period of at least 5 years from the later of:
- the permanent closure of the client’s file.
- the date on which the last service was rendered to the client.
- expiration without renewal or replacement of the last product sold to the customer, as applicable.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and upon providing us reasonable notice) by contacting our Privacy Officer. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with the requested products or services. We may occasionally use your personal information to advise you of products or services we believe may interest you or fit your circumstances. If you would rather not receive this communication, please advise our Privacy Officer. Until advised otherwise, you have my consent to collect and maintain my personal information in my client file.
Our Privacy Officer is: Melanie Weinberg
Le Groupe Green Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
# 505 – 4150 Sainte Catherine Ouest, Westmount, Qc H3Z2Y5
Phone: 514 731-1010, ext. 118;